For Employment

Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)

The PEP is a scheme to encourage global talent to work in Singapore. Unlike the Employment Pass (EP), the PEP is not tied to any employer and is granted based on the applicant’s individual merits.

A PEP holder may remain in Singapore for up to six months to explore new employment opportunities, without having to re-apply for a new pass when changing jobs. However, he/she will need to keep the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) informed of any employment status.  Overseas foreign professionals with last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas of at least SGD18,000 or Employment Pass holders who earn a fixed monthly salary of at least SGD12,000 may apply.

For more information, please visit the MOM website.


Employment Pass (EP)

This pass is for foreign professionals seeking to work in managerial, executive or specialised jobs in Singapore. Applicants are assessed based on their salary, qualifications, work experience, nature of jobs, and other factors. The pass is applied for the individual through the employer with whom a job has been secured.

The applicants will need to earn at least SGD 3,300 and possess acceptable qualifications. Young graduates from good institutions could qualify if they earn at least SGD 3,300. Older applicants would have to command higher salaries to qualify, commensurate with the work experience and quality they are expected to bring.

You may take the Employment/S Pass Self-Assessment Test to check if you are eligible for the EP.

You may apply for your EP either online at EP online or manually.

For more information, please visit the MOM website.


S Pass

Companies may apply for mid-skilled non-citizens earning a fixed monthly salary of at least SGD 2,200 to work in Singapore using an S Pass. Usually, a degree or a diploma level qualification is required. Application may be done online at EP online or manually.

Companies have to pay a Foreign Worker (FW) levy for each S Pass holder they employ. Employers are also required pay the salaries of their S Pass holders electronically via General Interbank Recurring Order (GIRO) within three months after the S pass has been issued.

For more information, please visit the MOM website.


Training Employment Pass (TEP)

Non-citizens undergoing practical training attachments for professional, managerial, executive or specialist jobs in Singapore are required to apply for a TEP. You are eligible for the TEP if you are:

  • An undergraduate undergoing training in Singapore as part of your degree programme from a recognised educational institution
  • An intra-company trainee from your foreign office/subsidiary attending professional or executive training in Singapore. You should earn a fixed monthly salary of more than SGD3,000 and hold acceptable tertiary/professional qualifications

You may apply for your TEP either online at EP online or manually.

For more information, please visit the MOM website.

© 2015 Buntington Public Schools. All rights reserved.